Sunday 22 May 2011

MACRO SHOTS AT SEVENOAKS NATURE RESERVE

 CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE























Good evening everybody, this morning I arrived at Sevenoaks at about 8.40am and met up with my pal Denis.

Denis has purchased a new Leica scope from my mate Dave and was itching to try it out.

I had only my Macro lens today and I hope you enjoyed the photos above?

I have just ordered myself a new Insect & Wildflower handbook as mine has disappeared!

If anybody can help me on the id's of the above I would be grateful.

We had a small list of birds from today and that is as follows:

BLACKBIRD
WOOD PIGEON
MAGPIE
COOT
GREAT CRESTED GREBE
GREAT TIT
WREN
BLUE TIT
DUNNOCK
CHIFFCHAFF
LAPWING
CANADA GEESE
MUTE SWAN
LITTLE RINGED PLOVER (a good spot by Denis with his scope)
MALLARD
EGYPTIAN GOOSE
JAY
ROBIN


4 comments:

  1. Phil ,
    Re. your recent photos -
    1. Probably common housefly/Musca domestica
    2&3. Buff-tailed Bumblebee on Bramble .
    4. Elder flower and berry .
    5&6. Common Blue Damselfly on Elder .
    7&8. Harlequin Ladybird .
    9. Flesh Fly/Sarcophaga sp.
    10&11. Azure Damselfly .
    12/13. Soldier Beetle/Rhagonycha fulva .
    14. Cardinal Beetle/Pyrochroa coccinea .
    15&16 . Buff-tailed Bumblebee on Forget-me-Not .
    17. Greenbottle/Lucilia sericata .
    18&19. Buff-tailed Bumblebee .
    20,21&22. Young of Garden Spider/Araneus diadematus .
    23. Back end of Jay .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Greenie seems to have that little lot sorted Phil - dont need me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your inputs gents, especially Greenie!
    Just ordered a new insect/wild flower book and now found my old one, sods law that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the photos are simply awesome. I hope I would have been a part of this journey. But I am sure that I will make it one day definitely. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete