Sunday 28 November 2010

Sevenoaks Nature Reserve with Denis and a cold -4.5 degrees

This morning I drove to Sevenoaks Nature Reserve and met up with Denis at around 9.00am, was rather chilly at -4.5 degrees but we were both dressed for the occasion.
I have not got any photos to add as I am in the process of looking for a new SLR.
We have a good list though for about 75 mins of watching from 2 hides, the list is a follows:

Chaffinch
Magpie
Wood Pigeons
Blue Tits
Song Thrush
Blackbird
Robins
Carrion Crows
Tufted Ducks
Coots
Cormorants
Black Headed Gulls
Pochard
Moorhen
Ring Neck Parakeet
Great Tit
Dunnock
Grey Heron
Great Crested Grebe
Mute Swans
Mallards
Kingfisher
Lapwing
Shovelor
Teals
Snipe
Herring Gull
Greylag Geese
Canada Goose
Pied Wagtail

The Kingfisher was a 1st for Denis, I did contact the Parus Major but he told me he was under pressure to decorate and couldn't make it, I personally think it was to cold for him!


1 comment:

  1. well done to you and Dennis for getting out - it was freezing this morning. Daves getting to be a bit of a woos (-:

    ReplyDelete